The fact is that the team when as a collective is able to deliver better results. A team’s key component is considered to be the team leadership.
Essential tips to follow to lead teams to success
- Be a good listener: As a leader, the person may have numerous opinions, views, ideas and solutions. The team is well aware of the leader’s capabilities and would like to offer their own views also and be heard. This is to be recognized by a good leader and focus their communication to listen what the other members of the team has to say.
- Having clear vision: Without knowing where to head, it is not possible to know when the destination has been reached. When put differently, a clear vision is to be had of what is being desired from the team to achieve, in such a manner that everyone understands it better.
- Empowering the team: The team’s biggest advantage is the variety of experience and skills as well as the range which is available. The person knows his strengths and weaknesses. Hence, it would be essential to empower those to perform what they are good at.
- Being the one to take prompt and wise decisions: It is necessary for the person to weight the downside and upside of any specific option present as a leader and to take decisions accordingly. The decisions at times may not be supported 100% by the team members or might not have the same decision in mind. But they are sure to respect the person for not procrastinating.
- Becoming a role model: A better way for showing how the others are to act, interact and behave is to simply show them. It is only by being the role model that the others can be encouraged to follow the lead.
- Encouraging participation: Generally, any team is likely to comprise of those who are quieter and vocal. As a leader, the person is to encourage complete range of contributions, while encouraging the introverts making wonderful contributions and having their points to be made across clearly.
- Knowing the limits of the team: There is likely to be a range of abilities and skills in any team. If the person is to lead a team effectively, then he is to understand all the team members’ limitations.
It is indeed a huge challenge to lead a team, however, by imbibing some leadership skills, it is possible to become an effective and efficient team leader.